Monday, October 1, 2012

My Platform


Peter C. Davies, CCM

Davies4Director

In 2010, I made a promise that I would listen and learn from you, the best and smartest people I know. During the three years I have served as a national director, I have never forgotten that promise, especially when attending a CMAA event or during a visit to one of our chapters.

The membership of CMAA is a remarkable group of people and every chapter, regardless of size or geographic location, reflects this, Each time I return home from a chapter visit, I do so energized to live my life a little fuller, make my club a little better and to work a little harder  on behalf of CMAA and its members.

The past three years have been exciting and dynamic ones for CMAA. The national staff, and every member of the board of directors, has listened carefully to you and compelling new initiatives have been put in place as a result. Perfect examples of this are track education, member involvement in choosing speakers for conference and the Step Membership Program.

A CMAA Membership now offers greater value than ever before with the education portals offered through CMAA University and the significant benefits offered clubs, as well as their managers, by Club Solutions - and this is just to name a few. I certainly don’t take personal credit for these initiatives but I do take great pride in supporting my fellow directors and our team on King Street as these exciting new initiatives transform from concept to reality.

In 2013, Shelly and I will celebrate our fourteenth wedding anniversary and we never forget to count our many blessings. I think we all share those moments when work consumes our lives or throws significant challenges in our path. That’s why I am always thankful for both my loving and supportive family and my CMAA family of friends, who are always ready to provide support when needed. I wish I could tell you that I have found a magical formula to fix all the bumps in the road but, of course, I haven’t! However, I’m still trying, still listening and thanks to CMAA: still learning! 

The experience of serving with my fellow directors and our national staff has truly been a gift and I am filled with gratitude.

Fellow members, you have given me the honor of serving you as a national director for the past three years and I respectfully ask you to support me once again in this election. You have my word that I will continue to work hard on your behalf and, without question…..keep listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment